weight ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Eating Out Healthy: Mc Donald's, Qdoba, Taco Bell, and a Diner

Guess what??  I lost 1.4lbs this week and ate out 6 times!!  What I learned was:
-It is possible
-It does take planning
-It's much more expensive than eating at home

Mc Donald's
Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken and Southwest Dressing, Large Unsweetened Iced Tea (10 WWPP)
Definitely filling and delicious!
 


Taco Bell
Chicken Fresco Soft Taco and Crunchy Beef Taco Supreme with a small diet Pepsi (9 WWPP)
This was very good except for the diet Pepsi which I usually don't drink much soda but it was way too sweet so next time i'll just get a free water!  A Taco Bell Bean Burrito has 9 points which is suprising because I used to think it was one of the lowest point options! 




Qdoba
Naked Chicken Taco Salad- Lettuce, Chicken, Black Beans, Sour Cream, Extra Pico and Water (11 WWPP)
Bleh.  It just wasn't great.  Tolerable yes, but not great.  I also added fajita veggies for $.69 extra put picked them out after one bite.  I think they were over grilled so they were chewy and I believe they use oregano for the seasoning and they just tasted terrible. My salad cost over $8 which is outrageous IMO! Next time I think I'd opt for 2 hard shell chicken tacos with very little cheese and sour cream, lettuce, and black beans next time.
 *No picture available

Diner
We have a diner that is like a 50's diner so mostly classic American fare.  I ordered a BLT, no Mayo and substitute a side salad with ranch on the side (just dipped my fork in) and also a diet Coke. (10 WWPP).  The hardest part about eating in a local restaurant is you have to eyeball portion size and quantity. I think it's crazy when you subsitute a salad they upcharge you.  At this restaurant it was $2.95. 
*No picture available

Below I've listed some of the options I researched and I printed out on a cheat sheet for our vacation.  I think I'm going to do okay!

Taco Bell
Chicken Soft Taco Fresco4
Crunchy Taco Supreme5
Small Diet Soda0
McDonald's
Cheeseburger8
Southwest Salad w/dressing10
Grilled Chicken Sandwich w/ no mayo9
Fruit and Yogurt Parfait4
Egg McMuffin8
Oatmeal7
Small French Fry11
Side Salad w/ balsamic1
Iced Tea or Diet Coke0
Subway
6" club, 9 grain wheat, no cheese, all veggies, light mayo, mustard9
6" steak and cheese, light mayo11
6" chicken teriyaki, no cheese, light mayo11
6" BLT, no cheese, light mayo10
15 baked lays3
Carl's Jr.
Cranberry Walnut Salad8
Low Fat Balsamic1
Kids Cheeseburger9
Side Salad3
Dairy Queen
Original Burger9
Original Cheese Burger10
Side Salad, no dressing1.5
Starkiss2.5
Small Vanilla Cone6
Small Vanilla Cup4
Grilled Chicken Sandwich10
Taco Time
Chicken Tostada8
Tostada Delight Chicken11.5
Crisp Ground beef taco with sour cream7.5
Stree Taco Chicken5
Refritos without chips4
IHOP
Belgian Waffle plain and Fruit10
pancake platter13
Simple and fit twoxtwoxtwo10.5
Short Stack Pancakes13
Kids French Toast12
Red Robin
Garden Burger13
Red's homemade chili bowl11.5
Olive Garden
Breadstick4
Grilled Chicken Spiedini11.5
Linguine all Marinara lunch8
Linguine all Marinara dinner11
Garden Fresh salad w/o dressing9.5
Garden Fresh salad with dressing3
Chicken and Gnocchi soup7
Minestrone2
Pasta e Fagioli3
Zuppa Toscana3

No comments:

Post a Comment