weight ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm Going to Be A Soccer Mom!

Where I live, 3 seems like the magic age where opportunities open up for kids to participate in activities such as soccer, swimming, gymnastics and so on.  I've not been tempted to send my oldest AJ to Little Gym classes at $17 an hour, but to pay $115 for 6 weeks of playing on the YMCA soccer team with a bunch of cute 3 year olds, I'm all in!  In May, AJ will play soccer on Monday and Wednesday evenings with 30 minutes of practice and then a 40 minute game.  My little man has so much energy that I think this is just the outlet he needs and he is so excited that he is a "big kid" now and can play soccer. 

Now it will be interesting to see if Dylan has a complete melt down the first time we arrive and he's not allowed to go play with his brother but it's life, and he'll have many more of these moments to deal with.  Like preschool, I'll save that for another day but AJ starts in August. 

It'll be interesting to see what each of the boys show natural talent in as far as sports.  The one sport I do not want them to play......hockey.  As you can imagine, it's a big sport here and these little kids are going on multiple out of state trips a year to compete and ice time is expensive.  So I have no intention in signing them up but once they are in elementary school if they really show a desire to join a hockey team then I will support it.  If you are interested in sports for toddlers, try YMCA or Boys and Girls Club websites for your local area.  Our local clubs seem to have a lot of great options and they even offer scholarships if your family is need of financial assistance!  I can't wait to post pictures here soon of AJ playing soccer!

1 comment:

  1. That's Sooo exciting I can't wait to see the pictures. I wish sports for preschoolers were as accessae here in the UK. I bet he loves it!!

    ReplyDelete