weight ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, August 15, 2011

It's been a while! Oops!

Work is busy, busy!  Which is AWESOME!  I'm very proud of myself for having as much sales in 5 weeks as I did the first 6 months combined this year.........and can you believe I did that working from home!?  I officially gave up my office and moved everything out by the end of July and it feels really great.  My head is finally clear and I can focus on what has to get done each day instead of dreading stepping foot in the office.

One little hiccup I'm experiencing is my husband's giving me guilt trips when he is off work (aka basically laid off for a week or so at a time)
and I tell him the kids still need to go to my mom's for the day because they are just too loud while i'm trying to get work done.  Unfortunately our house is an open two story and the sound travels right to my office so I cannot take business calls at all while they are at home (I honestly go to the garage and get in my car and close the door while my husband is at home at night if I have to return an urgent call, it's the only way people don't hear my kids screaming and crying through the phone and most clients understand between 3:30-7 it's family time, they'll have to wait for  return call!). 

View from my office door straight down to our living room=NOISEY!

I've tried telling him that he's welcome to take them to run errands (hint husband....go do the grocery shopping, trips to Lowe's, etc!) then go to the playground or library, go out to lunch, come home and put them down for a nap and that's how you spend quality time with them away from the house so this momma can work!  It's a balance I think all working moms experience- you have to make money to support your family but you also want to spend as much time as possible with your kids!  I've learned to just become present at what I'm doing- if I'm working then I'm working....If I'm with the kids, I'm with the kids and not doing business.  I feel much less guilt about it than my husband.  I pick up my kids at 3:30 every day, that's pretty early for a working mom and at least every couple weeks I just take a day off or a couple half days and pick them up and go do something special.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that mother's feel enough guilt about not doing this or that right and I'm done with that and I know that I'm doing what's best for my family!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Brandi, men are a different brede!! We have to be direct with them or nothing will get done. I hope you guys are having a great summer. I'm just starting femara for the first time. I hope it works, the stats are better than clomid for women with PCOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about Femara Tashia so I wish you the best!! When we TTC again if I need to take something to make me ovulate I'm going to ask about Femara because I've heard lots of people that are successful on it versus clomid. Keep me posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go SUPER MOM!!! :-)

    Sometimes moms just need to hear that, right?!

    Oh, and if you might wanna change that title link your side bar ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MS, not sure why it won't update that you have a new post? It doesn't come through on my reader either, humm, i'll have to look into it:)

    ReplyDelete