weight ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Just Lovely, A Blast from the Past from my Ex Boyfriend

Do you all ever run into ex-boyfriends?  Well I never do, none of them live where I live any more.  However, just days after my 21st birthday I decided it was a good idea to date my BFF Michelle's cousin Brian who had moved up to live with her parents and work here.  Well that relationship lasted all of 2 seconds, okay more like 3 weeks but the boy was obsessed, I cheated on him (the only time I'd ever done that in my life, I'm not proud of it), he cried and blah blah blah.  It was a long time ago and it was when I used to go the bars and clubs 2-3 nights a week and drank a lot and made dumb choices and we had a wild time together but when it ended it was a mess.  Well Brian moved away a few months later but not before trying to talk to me at Michelle's Christmas party where he proceeded to pour his heart out to me, ask me to get back together and THEN BLOCK THE DOOR so I could not leave.  I was frightened by the whole episode and that was the last I ever saw of him.  Seven months later I met my husband and we've been together ever since.

.....until yesterday when Michelle invited us to her lake cabin.  We'd been there for a good hour when we all sat down around the campfire and I sort of stared at this guy as inconspicuously as possible because he kind of looked like Brian but had a hat pulled down low so it was hard to see his face and Brian lives in Oklahoma and is married with 2 kids and surely Michelle would have mentioned he was coming. 

Sure enough it was him.  9 years later we meet again....AWKWARD!   I pretty much ignored him and avoided him for the next 4 hours until we left.  Not the most mature thing but I wasn't quite sure how to handle that one.  Has this happened to any of you, running into old boyfriends while your spouse is around?  I don't want to make a big deal out of it with Michelle but I still am shocked she didn't tell me he was coming!  And she had asked if we wanted to stay overnight, seriously?! 

We had a great weekend though and I hope you all avoided running into your exes!

No comments:

Post a Comment