weight ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekly Weigh In: Little losses

I'm still trying to lose the 1.8 lbs I gained a few weeks back, the last 2 weeks I've posted a .2 lb and .4 lb loss.  Sad:(  I'm obsessed with food with food.  I love food, I love making food, I love spending time looking for new recipes even if they call for a cup of white sugar and a 1/2 lb of real butter, I think all day long what my next meal will be, I've had at least 1 cake in my house at all times for the last 3 weeks, blah blah blah.

This week, I'm going to work out at 2pm every day for an hour at the gym.  3 days this week we are going for a family walk.  If it's not raining this weekend, we will go hiking once.  That's my goal.


I want to lose 30 lbs still before I turn 30.  Lofty goal, but I really want to do it.  My kids are terrible eaters, that's the understatement of the year.  Dylan hates any veggies or produce except tomato sauce.  But I'm confident one day he'll just decide he likes all that healthy stuff if I just keep putting it in front of him.  Before I start cooking dinner, I cut up a plate of fresh fruit so the kids and I can munch as I cook and I'd like it to be a daily habit that we nibble on cut up fruit and veggies before dinner.  I've read to eat soup or salad 30 minutes before dinner but those are 2 food items the kids just don't eat well on their own and I cannot spend 30 minutes spoon feeding them so this is my compromise.  Dylan generally licks the fruit then makes a face and tosses it on the floor or in his lap.  AJ however will eat a whole pound of strawberries and he ate raspberries too last week one day, hated them the next.  Neither one liked mango so I ate the whole mango myself:)  I want to add that both of my kids gobbled up the fruit and veggie baby foods but around 14 months, they wanted no part of those foods.

1 comment:

  1. There is a cook book called Deceptively Delicious created for mothers who have kids who avoid the healthy stuff. In the recipes you make brownies but you add like shredded/purred carrots or something in them and then they cant taste it or know they are getting important vitamins. Good luck with your picky, very cute, eaters!

    ReplyDelete