weight ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Green Smoothie, Cheeseburger, or Frosted Donut?

I finally tried my first green smoothie a couple months ago and it was delicious and easy!  It consisted of spinach, banana, pear, pineapple, OJ, and honey.  Weight Watcher's new point plus program makes fruit zero points....as long as you aren't baking them or blending them up so basically if you use them in a recipe and they aren't just cut up on a plate or they come from a can, you have to calculate points.  No biggie I thought, maybe it's 3 or 4 points?  WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.  9 points, I about fainted.  I recalculated and recalculated and sure enough, 9 points! 

For 8 points I can either have a Dunkin Donuts frosted sprinkle donut or a McDonald's cheeseburger.  I know having the smoothie is still the healthier option but this is where I don't totally agree with the zero point fruit concept in Weight Watchers because it's still the same calories whether it's blended up or chopped up on a plate to eat with a fork.  The real key I believe to WW is that nothing is off limits. It's a blessing and a curse and I think nothing off limits means to have a treat once or twice a week.  But if daily I choose the less healthy but equal in points options, I'll never reach my goal.  I had planned on having one green smoothie a day because it takes care of 5 servings of fruits and veggies but I can't for 9 points unless I use it as a meal replacement which it's good, but not filling enough to get me by as an entire meal.  I currently get 29 points a day. 

Are there foods you like that are equal in points to some "not ideal diet foods?"







No comments:

Post a Comment