I made Cooking Light's Basic Banana Bread on Monday and it was FANTASTIC! Definitely not a diet food or something I could eat every day but it hit the spot on Monday and Tuesday and then I'm letting the hubby finish the rest. Here is the recipe (I omitted the icing on top):
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons 1% low-fat milk
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add granulated and brown sugars; beat until combined.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through ground allspice). Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; cool completely. Combine powdered sugar and milk, stirring until smooth; drizzle over bread.
- Calories: 167 Fat: 5.1g Protein: 2.9g Carbohydrate: 28.3g Fiber: 1.5g